ELEXON Limited (referred to as “ELEXON”, "us" "we" or "our" in this policy) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
and any other documents referred to on it) sets out in connection with www.elexonportal.co.uk (“Website
”) the basis upon which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act):
- the data controller is ELEXON and will ensure that your personal information is processed fairly, and in accordance with this policy.
- CGI IT UK operates as a data processor on ELEXON's behalf, and will collect and maintain the personal information you provide when you register on the Website.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- details of any transactions you carry out through our Website.
- details of your visits to our Website (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- we may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss. All our employees and data processors that have access to, and are associated with the processing of your personal information, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our visitors' information.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Uses made of your information
Your personal data will be processed for the following purposes (“Purposes”):
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- processing your information as necessary or appropriate in connection with the Balancing and Settlement Code and/or the functions, activities and services which we or our service providers provide under such Code, (including in relation to any quality assurance surveys or related matters); and
We will not sell your personal information. However we may share your personal information with third parties, where, for the Purposes detailed above, it is necessary for your information to be disclosed for processing to:
- third party service providers or other agents who use and/or collect your personal information to provide services to you on our behalf; and
- auditors or other advisors assisting us in relation to quality assurance of any of our business processes or activities.
If you do not wish to be contacted for these purposes, please let us know by using the contact details in "Your rights in relation to your information".
You may agree to form part of an addressee group within this Website. By agreeing to be part of any such addressee group, you consent to the sharing of your personal information to other members of that address group, including group members who are from companies other than your own.We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose and/or transfer (if appropriate) your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. We will require proof of your identity before providing you with details of any personal information we may hold about you.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the Website to operate.
ELEXON uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to:
- access your information when you "log in", so that we can provide you with customised content;
- record your email address, used to "log in", so you don't have to re-enter it for each visit; and
- require you to re-enter your ELEXON password after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account contents.
All information stored in our cookies is encrypted.
Use of your personal data submitted to other websites
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Your rights in relation to your information
You can write to us at any time to obtain a copy of your information and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Where appropriate, you may have your personal information erased, rectified, amended or completed. Please write to:
ELEXON Limited, 4th Floor, 350 Euston Road, London, NW1 3AW
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7380 4100 (Main Switchboard)
Facsimile: +44 (0)20 7380 0407 (Main Fax)
Please quote your name and address. We would be grateful if you could also provide brief details of the personal information of which you would like a copy or which you would like to be corrected (this helps us to more readily locate your data).
ELEXON Limited - Registered office: 4th Floor 350 Euston Road London NW1 3AW, Registered in England and Wales, Registered Company Number: 3782949